Sunday, October 3, 2010

Margarito: I am too strong for Pacquiao

On an interview with www.notflight.com, Margarito that he could land great punches against the Filipino Champion.  Margarito said that he has more punching power than the two mutual boxers that they both encountered in the ring, Joshua Clottey and Miguel Cotto.  This is what Antonio Margarito said against Manny Pacquiao:

“Look, he’s a great fighter, and he’s done what no one else has done in boxing by gaining titles in several weight categories, and he continues to win, But this is a matter of style. I have watched him fighting fighters who I also faced. Clottey was connecting on him and I beat Clottey and the same thing with Miguel Cotto. I am aware that he is very fast, nobody denies it. He might hit me five to one at first, but I will gradually break him down and knock him out, as I did with Miguel Cotto. I’m too strong for him.”  Obviously, Antonio Margarito knows that Pacquiao's speed his best factor in the game.


Manny Pacquiao is doing training in the Philippines and they have worked on how to counter Antonio Margarito's left hook to the body.  Yet Margarito and his trainer Robert Garcia are positive that the jabs of Margarito will disrupt Manny Pacquiao's rhythm.  He has a longer arms so it will be easy for him to land jabs. Margarito's long reach advantage is his key.

“You know me and know I can fight on the inside, but if there is no need to fight inside, then I can use distance to work,” Margarito explained. “The jab is a major punch in boxing, and we are working on that with Robert, but it is also important to work the body to remove his legs…Clottey connected on him several times, and Pacquiao was hurt, but I am more powerful than Clottey.”

No comments:

Post a Comment