Friday, October 8, 2010

Roach: $1000 if spar mates can knock down Pacquaio

Manny Pacquiao and Amir Khan sparring
Hall of fame trainer Freddie Roach will give a reward worth $1000 to the spar mate that can knock Pacquiao out on their sparring sessions.  Everyone is up to the challenge and so is the pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao.  This would mean an action packed sparring sessions as team Pacquiao prepares the big fight against Antonio Margarito on November 13 at the Dallas Cowboys Stadium, (November 14 in the Philippines).

Vanes Martirosyan
Who among Pacquiao's sparring partner could win the prize money or could they really knock Pacquiao down?  That is the question we will know in days to come in Manny Pacquiao's training camp.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (40-0-1, 30 KO's) and Vanes Martirosyan (28-0, 17 KO's) are a the new addition to Pacquiao's camp.  Chavez and Martirsoyan would also train with Roach for their upcoming fight.  Chavez Jr. against Alfonso Gomez on December 4 and Martirosyan as one of the undercards against Pawel Wolak.

Pacquiao's sparring mates are not just ordinary boxers, they are said to be futures of boxing like the Britain champion Amir Khan, undefeated Glen Tapia, Mexican champion Michael Medina and adding to the list are Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and Vanes Martirosyan.

"I am up for Freddie's challenge. I will be the first to drop Manny," said Martirosyan.  “I respect Manny a lot and I have learned a lot from him. He is a great fighter but I feel I am up to the challenge.  That is why I always say I want to fight the best. I want to prove how good I am. It doesn't get much better than sparring with Manny Pacquiao," the six footer Martirosyan added.




No comments:

Post a Comment