Thursday, October 21, 2010

"Pacquiao will be eating my uppercuts" - Margarito

A very confident Antonio Margarito came up into the shades.  In an interview with John Martinez from Boxscore news.  Margarito on the verge of redemption, stated that he will shock the world because he will knockout Manny Pacquiao.

Margarito has been training hard for this awaited fight.  He has been focused and dedicated to train in the corner of Rober Garcia.  He is ready for a comeback to the sport, where he was once feared by many.


“Pacquiao won’t stand up to my punches, he’s been shook by smaller fighters than me and he will find out the hard way that his punches won’t hurt me," said Margarito.  His going to give an upset and eyes to become the third boxer to stop the Filipino Champion, Manny Pacquiao.

On their upcoming fight, Margarito is the underdog.  He knows that everyone is thinking that Manny Pacquiao will beat him in the ring, yet he is ready to prove himself to the world.  "I know that everyone’s saying that I’m going to lose and get knocked out and that I’m no match for him," said Margarito.  

Though Freddie Roach is predicting a knockout favoring Manny Pacquiao, Margarito remains confident and that would not happen in the ring when they meet.  "Manny’s not going to have everyone’s help in there (on the ring); he’s going to fight me and me only. He won’t have anywhere to go once I start to apply the pressure and throw my punches at him. I will knock out him out because of this," said the 5-11 boxer.

Trainer Robert Garcia is also confident that Margarito has what it takes to beat Manny Pacquiao.  “I know what I’ve got in Antonio Margarito. He’s a fighter’s fighter. He comes to not just work, but to improve on what he has been learning since training camp has started," Garcia said.  His gameplan is not just to throw volume punches to Manny Pacquiao, his mold up Margarito to fight defensively.  “We’re not going to just get in there and throw punches in volume; we’re going to set it up with jabs, angles, and then go in for the attack,” Garcia said.

People still questions Margarito if he has what it takes to hit Manny Pacquiao.  He has been known as a slow fighter, and doubters believe that he would end up like Oscar De La Hoya when he fought Manny Pacquiao.  

Yet Margarito is positive that Manny will be in for a treat, “I’ve seen other guys hit him and give him pressure, but then they don’t continue their attack.  I am going to go nonstop if I see or think he’s hurt and I’m not going to stop until he’s on the floor.  The way he [Pacquiao] fights, he is open to uppercuts. He’s going to be eating mine and when he does, he won’t want to come inside," Margarito said.




No comments:

Post a Comment