Friday, November 5, 2010

"FLOYD MAYWEATHER DOESN'T BELIEVE HE CAN BEAT MANNY PACQUIAO," ROY JONES JR.

One of the most phenomenal boxers of his time, Roy Jones Jr. has said things not in favor of his used to be favorite boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr.  In an interview, on boxingnewsonline.com, Jones had tell it all.  

In London, Jones has been teaching a masterclass at the Real Fight Club.  He explained why he thinks that Mayweather Jr. is afraid of the Filipino Champion, Manny Pacquiao.  Jones sited an example and his explanation.

He picked out two students from the class and stood them in front of him to form the points of a triangle. He pointed at one then the other, saying, “His name is David Haye, his name is Vitali Klitschko.” Gesturing at himself, he declared with a smile, “My name is Roy Jones.”  

Jones continued, “They call me and tell me, like they did the other day, at Wembley you and David Haye will sell it out. David Haye is in his prime right now and let’s say I’m back in my prime. Let’s say I’ve just won a world title in the same weight class. They decide to have a battle to decide who’s best between he and I.  It’s going to be the biggest fight in this country, we’re just saying, this is going to be the biggest pay-per-view event ever in the history of the sport. And we’re going to find out who’s the best fighter, right? Okay, he says, ‘I’m all in.’ ”

On his explanation, David Haye is referring to Manny Pacquiao while Jones represents himself as Floyd Mayweather, and Vitali Klitschko as Antonio Margarito.  Jones continued his story, “I’m going to make him wait for now,” Roy explained. “I’m the boss, I’m the best, I’m going to wait. So he tells me, ‘I’m going to go fight Vitali Klitschko.’ What do you think I’m going to do?”

Jones held up his hands and answering himself telling that this is what he should have do, “That’s not going to happen.” He swung his finger from one man to the other, insisting, “I’m not going to let him [Klitschko](Margarito) steal my glory whipping his [Haye’s](Pacquiao) behind when he thinks he’s as good as me. If I think I can beat him, I don’t want to take that chance.”  

Roy Jones was making his point clear, “So why does Floyd Mayweather let Manny Pacquiao go take that chance with [Antonio] Margarito? If [Pacquiao] loses, whether through a fault, whether it’s a headbutt, that ruins this big fight. So if you really thought you could beat him, would you allow him to do this?”

“You talked yourself into this too. You’re claiming to be the best fighter pound-for-pound. Now that the man agreed to take a blood test, you’re still messing around. So do you really think you can win?”, Jones's message to Floyd.  Jones delivered his verdict saying “I’m starting to think he don’t. Because if he did he wouldn’t let this [Margarito fight] happen. I was thinking Mayweather was the better fighter to begin with and I still think he’s the better fighter,” Roy revealed. “But I don’t think that he believes he can win. If he does think he can, he doesn’t think it’s easy.”

Jones believes that Floyd is hoping not to fight Pacquiao saying, “Truthfully if I let him fight him, I’m hoping I don’t have to fight. That’s what Floyd’s thinking. He’s hoping [Pacquio’s] upset so he never has to fight.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment